Bork3D Game EngineDo you have an iPhone game project that you want to get off the ground quickly? Get a substantial leg-up by building your project on a proven foundation, the game engine that drives Anytime Golf: The Bork3D Game Engine.
The Bork3D Game Engine was built for mobile platforms. It actually has it's roots in Rude Engine, a high-performance graphics library for Pocket PC, Symbian and N-Gage. Performance and scalability is considered in every corner of the Bork3D Game Engine. If performance is a criteria for you, seriously consider this engine.
But this isn't a complete game engine by any stretch of the imagination. We don't want to over-sell you. If you want in-game content creation tools, a scripting language, and you basically want a cookie-cutter game made for you, you're looking in the wrong place. This engine is for people with some programming experience and the drive to make something that stands apart from the crowded iPhone game marketplace.
Testimonials"Bork3D really saved me a lot of time... I was able to get my game up and running fairly quickly."
-- Bioroid Studios
- Develop games for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- You get all the source code. Approximately 15,000 lines of C++, not including support libraries. All code is thoroughly documented in Doxygen format.
- OpenGL ES abstraction layer. The Bork3D Game Engine provides an abstraction layer for graphics rendering so that your draw calls can be easily ported to other graphics APIs.
- Debug-rendering API. Need to figure out where something is? Debug renderer to the rescue.
- Component-oriented game object system. Game objects are designed to be easily extensible.
- High-performance static and boned mesh rendering system w/ tool pipeline for 3dsmax, Maya and Collada.
- Decorator system for rendering billboards. Includes primitives for in-game placement of decorators.
- Texture manager w/ tool pipeline. Load and unload textures in PNG and PVR format. PVR is the preferred format for iPhone textures.
- Tweaker for changing game variables via a web browser. Edit game state in real-time for rapid iteration times.
- User interface widgets w/ abstractions for handling iPhone user input. The UI system is fairly primitive but it's enough to build most game UIs.
- Font renderer w/ tool pipeline for generating fonts. Includes Unicode support.
- In-game profiler. Performance matters, find out where your bottlenecks are with the provided instrumentation system.
- Audio system for sound effects and background music. Supports AAC and MP3 streaming audio and WAV for sound effects. Mikmod integration is also available on request at no additional charge.
- Integration with the Bullet Physics SDK.
- Unit test framework.
- Bork3D Game Engine Developers forum. Get help and chat with other developers using the engine.